Peabody Energy Company BTUs is the largest private-sector coal company in the world and, over the past year, one of the biggest winners in US markets.
Since June 2021, Peabody Energy’s one-year stock return has outperformed many of the world’s most popular technology, electrical and consumer discretionary stocks: NVIDIA Corporation NVDA, Ford Motor Company F, Apple Inc. AAPL, Microsoft Corporation MSFT, Starbucks Corporation SBUX, Tesla Inc. TSLA, Bitcoin BTC/USD and Ethereum ETH/USD.
Peabody Energy is active in the coal mining business in the United States, Japan, Taiwan, Australia and China, among other international locations.
Apart from the extraction, preparation and sale of coal, Peabody Energy also engages in the direct and brokered trading of coal-related and freight-related contracts, as well as provides transportation-related services that involve contracts financial derivatives and physical contracts.
Peabody Energy was founded in 1883 and is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
Here’s how the returns break down from June 2021 to today:
- Ford is down $14.77 to $11.32 for a -23.32% return
- Nvidia is down from $186.57 to $159.24 for a return of -14.65%
- Starbucks is down $111.39 to $71.17 for a -36.11% return
- Tesla goes from $616.60 to $658.12 for a yield of 6.73%
- Bitcoin fell from $38,094.70 to $20,828.10 for a return of -45.33%
- Ethereum is down from $2,373.86 to $1,097.81 for a return of -53.75%
- And finally, Peabody Energy goes from $7.70 to $22.18 for a return of 188.05%