DRW is a leading diversified technology-driven trading company. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a wide range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As markets have evolved over the past 25 years, DRW has evolved as well – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, crypto assets, and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and in offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus, and achieve meaningful results. It is a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Inasmuch as Operations specialist, you will support a group of Chicago-based trading desks. This is an opportunity to solve tough problems while working closely with experienced traders, researchers and software engineers to optimize operational workflow and use the right tools and technology for the job.
- Provide operational support to several of the company’s fixed income, currency and commodity trading desks
- Capture of trades for all products related to the activity of desks: futures / options futures
- Negotiate and reconcile positions with clearing houses and firm brokers
- Calculation and justification of the daily P&L
- Master the proprietary commercial capture, inventory management, cash management and business risk management systems required to support desks’ activity
- Act as the process owner for current functionality and provide critical support and advice regarding needed improvements to technology, workflows and processes:
- Gain a solid understanding of individual trader risk management tools and provide support for related trader needs
- Upgrade and support traders’ tools to effectively use technologies and tools that are firm standards
- Interface with technology to improve tools where they do not meet office needs
- Adopt, integrate and promote new technologies as they become available
- 2-3 years of experience in front office, middle office, back office or risk management roles with products and derivatives traded on exchange and over-the-counter
- Previous experience supporting fixed income, currency or commodity products
- Experience with futures, options and / or preferred currencies
- Strong MS Excel experience required; Highly preferred previous Python experience
- Previous experience with SQL and VB / VBA preferred
- Substantial prior interaction with front office and senior management in an active business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or other quantitative field or equivalent material exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and synthesize and implement solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of fixed income industry software is an asset
For more information about DRW’s processing activities and our use of candidate data, please see our privacy notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please see the California Privacy Notice for information on certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.